As per the data released by World Health Organization (WHO) each year more than 420,000 people die and 1 in 10 people get sick due to food adulteration. A situation such as this is concern for all, however, can be tackled by better record keeping and traceability of the supply chain. Thus, several companies are speculating over the implementation of blockchain technology across the agriculture and food supply chain.
Exploring the opportunities present and factors that can both drive and inhibit the growth of the blockchain technology in the agriculture and food industry BIS Research along with Emma Weston, CEO and Co-Founder of AgriDigital are conducting a webinar on 21st November 2018 at 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM (PST).
The key focus of the webinar will be on
- Insights about the driving factors and trends that can influence the blockchain technology in agriculture and food industry.
- Value addition for all the stakeholders in the agri-food supply chain.
- Areas of application for blockchain technology such as supply chain, finance, data and assets.
- Adoption of blockchain technology based on region, regulations present, and identification of business opportunities in across geographies.
- Growth prospects of the blockchain technology for the period of next 10 years.
Who should attend this webinar
- FMCG Companies
- Agriculture OEMS
- Agri Commodity Trading Companies
- Blockchain Companies
- Other stakeholders in the agriculture & food industry
- Blockchain Enthusiasts
How blockchain technology will transform the agriculture industry
- Improve the transparency and traceability in supply chain
- Mitigate food safety risks and outbreaks
- Track provenance and movement of commodities across supply chain
- Reduce supply chain and other costs
- Enhance record keeping
- Reduces food wastage
- Minimize processing and shipment time
- End-to-end access for stakeholders across the supply chain
Speaker Profile – Emma Weston CEO & Co-Founder AgriDigital
Emma is the CEO & Co-Founder of AgriDigital, which recently launched its digital supply chain platform for the agricultural sector and continues to work with blockchain and other novel enabling technologies to bring efficiency and transparency to global supply chain. She is the most sought-after speaker in technology and blockchain. Emma was recently named as one of the Australia’s Top 25 Fintech Influencers. She was awarded as Female Fintech Leader and Emerging Fintech Leader of the year in 2017 by FinTech Australia.